Hi my name is Søren Eskildsen and I'm currently employed at Aalborg Ungdomsskole // Ung Aalborg as project manager. Where I work towards implementing IT and Gamification in public schools, along with running several different elective courses (Game development and app development).
I finished my Cand.Scient in 2011 (summer) at Aalborg University, with a solid focus on utilizing technology in new business openings or research scenarios. To enhance my understanding of how technology can be used within various business opportunities, I've actively participated in several networks, initiatives that focuses on promoting innovation and entrepreneurship. An example is the Inkubator course (run by SEA AAU) or the Venture Cup Idea competition, where I submitted an idea that made it into the finals in the applied technology category. Doing my employment at AAU, I've been active within various research topics like; information and knowledge visualization and context-aware mobile applications. Much of this work can be seen under Pulications on this page.
I'm always actively looking for a challenge. Use my contact formular to send me an e-mail, if you have potential job openings or to get my help.
My Curriculum Vitae is send on request - use my contact formular.
Linkedin profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/soreneskild
AAU profile: http://vbn.aau.dk/en/persons/soeren-eskildsen
Scientific research areas:
Knowledge/Information Visualization, Serious games, UX, HCI, Interactive systems, Cultural Learning and Context-Aware Computing.
- Contextualizing language learning./ Eskildsen, Søren; Rehm, Matthias. HCI International. Springer, 2013. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)).
- Identification and Analysis of Primary School Children’s Knowledge Acquisition : Using Knowledge Visualization Scenarios and Information Visualization Methodology. / Eskildsen, Søren; Rodil, Kasper; Rehm, Matthias. Packaging Digital Information for Enhanced Learning and Analysis: Data Visualization, Spatialization, Predictiveness, and Multidimensionality. red. / Shalin Hai-Jew. IGI global, 2013.
- Unlocking good design does not rely on designers alone./ Rodil, Kasper; Eskildsen, Søren; Morrison, Ann; Rehm, Matthias; Winschiers-Theophilus, Heike. 2012. Paper presented at ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Austin, USA.
- Virtual Savannah : in Situ Test of a Virtual Learning 3D Visualization for children./ Rodil, Kasper; Eskildsen, Søren; Rehm, Matthias. Applied Playfulness: Proceedings of the Vienna Games Conference 2011: Future and Reality of Gaming. red. / Jeffrey Wimmer; Konstantin Mitgutsch; Herbert Rosenstingl. New Academic Press, 2012. s. 67-74.
- Virtual Savannah - Logging User Interaction in a Learning Visualization for Children. / Eskildsen, Søren; Rodil, Kasper; Rehm, Matthias. Applied Playfulness: Proceedings of the Vienna Games Conference 2011: Future and Reality of Gaming. red. / Jeffrey Wimmer; Konstantin Mitgutsch; Herbert Rosenstingl. First Edition. udg. Wien : New Academic Press, 2012. s. 308.
- Visualizing learner activities with a virtual learning environment: Experiences from an in situ test with school children. / Eskildsen, Søren; Rodil, Kasper; Rehm, Matthias. 12th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies. IEEE Computer Society Press, 2012.
- A New Visualization Approach to Re-Contextualize Indigenous Knowledge in Rural Africa. / Rodil, Kasper; Winschiers-Theophilus, Heike; Bidwell, Nicola J.; Eskildsen, Søren; Rehm, Matthias; Kapuire, Gereon Koch. I: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 6947, 2011, s. 297-314.
- Demonstration of a Cultural Indigenous Knowledge Transfer Prototype. /Rodil, Kasper; Eskildsen, Søren; Rehm, Matthias. 2011. Abstract from Indigenous Knowledge Technology Conference (IKTC) 2011, Windhoek, Namibia.
- Developing a visualized cultural knowledge transfer proto-type : An in situ evaluation in rural Namibia./ Rodil, Kasper; Eskildsen, Søren; Rehm, Matthias. IKTC2011: Embracing Indigenous Knowledge Systems in a New Technology Design Paradigm. 2011. s. 108-115